Monday, January 23, 2012

January

A year ago, almost to the day, I posted that although February was my least favorite month, I wasn't particularly fond of January either.

Today reinforces that viewpoint.  The weather is what I call "raw". Although currently 45F, which isn't too far off normal, it's gray, damp and miserable.  Even though I'm not a huge outdoor kind of guy (especially at this time of year) the weather definitely effects my mood.  However, tomorrow looks good and we're back in mid 60s again with plenty of sun!

Being the start of the new year January always has the promise of things "looking up", but to me usually fails.  It's not just the weather, it's a month when our household seems to have more than our fair share of bills.  You know, the insurance premiums, auto inspection, license tags, etc., and of course it's when most of us start thinking of tax returns. 

Now that the insurance premiums have been paid, the car inspected, tagged and serviced and, wonder of wonders, the tax returns have been filed, should I be hip-hip-hooraying that these are out of the way for another twelve months?  Of course I should and I am.  As usual I soon remind myself how fortunate I am to have the means to do this, a roof over my head and food in the pantry.  

So, so many haven't and it angers me to see those "would-be Presidents" having the nerve to tell us that they know what's going on and that they are going to do something about it . . . if only we will vote for them.  

There, that's warmed me up - my blood is beginning to boil!

No comments: